Saturday, December 15, 2007

Ron Paul's Tea Party will make supporters dig deep and donate

It's touching to see Americans forego pleasures and spare extra cash for the Tea Party. Some examples below:

- "ronpaulslist.com - help raise money for Ron Paul. Donate what you can, then sell the stuff you don't use to donate some more!" (link)

- "My startup has recently become reasonably profitable, I don't have kids to support, and I don't have a car to feed/insure. Very few expenses, so I've got some money to do something with...and what better use than saving the Republic? I've also asked all of my relatives that want to give me gifts for Christmas to instead make a small contribution to the campaign on my behalf. My relatives are all Republicans or Libertarians, so it's not asking them to go against their beliefs." (link)

- "If someone grabs a domain, I'll get the website up. I'm completely out of fund at all... I owe my bank $250 and need to pay tuition and I'm unemployed... so i can't buy the domain." (link)

- "I'm living on a budget, but I will sacrifice $25 today to follow the campaign's lead. I will make another small donation on 1 Dec (sorry, my mortgage is due!). Finally, I will also commit to my $100 donation on 16 Dec" (link)

- "I live paycheck to paycheck, just like you. But, I will find a way to donate one weeks pay to http://www.ronpaul2008.com on December 16th." (link)

I'm sure there are many more stories like this. Please do share it here if you know any! I record them into a Google notebook called Ron Paul donors as I find them.

No comments: