Sunday, January 20, 2008

Ron Paul inspires people to run for office

[Update: My new post on more Ron Paul inspired candidates]

Is Ron Paul motivating people to run for office in their own Congressional districts? Looks like it.

RunWithRon.us is one site that started the idea. Now many people on the Forums are announcing the same intention in this thread called: It doesn't stop with Ron Paul (RUN FOR OFFICE YOURSELF!).

Some quotes:
- "I think I'll run for Representative of District 1 in Florida, especially after finding out that my rep voted for the thought crime bill."

- "I'm a huge Ron Paul fan from down here in Texas. I got the opportunity to meet him at a fundraiser at Blinn College and at the Texas Straw Poll. He actually inspired me to run for office and I am currently seeking United States House of Representatives District 10 in Texas as a libertarian. We have websites set up at www.freyforcongress.com and www.myspace.com/freyforcongress2008."

- "I live in Texas' 10th District. I was thinking about running in 2010 on the Republican ticket. Hopefully we can bounce some ideas off each other."

Lew Rockwell's blog is already highlighting candidates endorsed by Ron Paul or touting ideas similar to his. Examples:
Murray Sabrin for Senate is NJ, Dave Ryon for the House in Ohio, B J Lawson in NC.

No comments: