Friday, February 29, 2008

Doing what's never been done before

Over at Daily Dose there's a long, fascinating thread where people are describing how they first heard of Ron Paul. One thing that strikes you is that many people quickly go from not having heard of Ron Paul to becoming ardent supporters. For example, see this comment below:

"I’ve not voted for a president in three elections.
I’ve never donated to a candidate before.
I’ve never campaigned for a candidate before.
I’ve never canvassed door to door for a candidate before.
I’ve never put a candidate’s sign in my yard before.
I’ve never put a candidate’s bumper sticker on my car before.
I’ve never joined a meetup group before.
I’ve never waved signs on the side of the road for a candidate before.
I’ve never set up an information booth for a candidate before.
I’ve never written letters to an editor for a candidate before.
I’ve never driven to another state to campaign for a candidate on primary day before.
I’ve never attended a precinct meeting before.
I’ve never been a delegate of any kind before.
I’ve never contemplated marching in a rally before.

Now I do all of the above, and I’m willing to do more, whatever I can."

No comments: