Sunday, February 24, 2008

Ron Paul quips

I have been collecting some of the more lively things Ron Paul supporters have said about being part of his campaign. Here they are:

  • while (gov > constitution) gov--; (link)

  • Ron Paul keeps infecting me with this horrible, horrible optimism! (link)

  • ^^ my 2 devaluated cents (link)

  • No matter what the outcome, the official campaign will be over in a matter of months. I just needed to say that, as far as I'm concerned, we've already won.

    On a personal note, the past year and a half have been the worst of my life (series of very serious family crises, pit bull attack, etc) but that this campaign--and this forum in particular--I will always cherish. Never till the day I die will I forget the sense of community and belonging and kinship and hope and... well, all of it that I felt during our thread on Bernake's testimony to the banking committee (yes, I am that much of a dork ). That was my life for several years for Dr. Paul, and I never then would have dreamed there were, well, so many of us so committed. (link)

  • I saw a quote the other day (on digg, no less) that has completely summed it up for me:

    “I’ve only been around for a few presidential campaigns but I’m pretty sure THIS is how its supposed to work.” (link)

  • t might come as a surprise to some, but I must oppose yet another attempt to expand our empire. What eventually happens to all empires? They fall because they overextend themselves. Right now, we have 63 sub forums and that's even after I took down the ridiculous test forum! We were not meant to be an empire! We were meant to be a republic protecting liberty here in the grassroots! Let's get back to our traditions in our Forum Constitution. Restore the Republic! Vote down the video sub forum!!!!!! (link)

  • "Ask your doctor if a non-interventionist policy is right for you. Side effects may include a feeling of freedom and a sudden drop in national debt" (link)

  • I have not voted in over 7 years, but i will walk over hot coals and broken glass to vote for Ron Paul. (link)

  • First they ignore you.
    Then they laugh at you.
    Then they attack you.

    Then you win and fly a Ron Paul blimp over them!!!!!!!!! (link)

  • I am Ron Paul, you are Ron Paul. We are Ron Paul. With or without the man from Texas, the revolution has begun and won't be stopped. (link)

  • The surge is working! (posted during a money bomb) (link)

  • "Let it not be said that we did not launch a blimp." -jimbabb (link)

  • We can read and do read political theory. The constitution is just another API, after all. (link)

  • at dinner tonight with my inlaws, my 2-year old just suddenly started belting out "RON PAUL! RON PAUL! RON PAUL!"

    They got a big kick out of it. I was a little embarassed -- hopefully they don't think I'm brainwashing the kid! (link)

  • I love all of you guys! I am serious. When I look into my son's eyes, I know that there is hope for his future thanks to all of you! (link)

  • If you die, will all your money to Ron Paul. But don't die. (link)

  • It's like falling in love; without all the bull$hit.(link)

  • I will suffer for while longer, knowing that if we fail I can ease back into cynicism, knowing that I will never again be plagued by such an opportunity again. Of course, if we win, I have to resign myself to the long fight ahead, and give up on apathy forever, but I'm willing to take that risk if the rest of you are. We'll know before long. (link)

  • When I watch the news, it's like spying on my enemy (link)

  • I am somewhat wishing Ron Paul never walked into my life. Apathetic ignorance is much more STRESS-FREE. (link)

  • Ron Paul ended my political virginity. (link)

I used Google Notebook to collect these. You can see all my public notebooks.

No comments: