Friday, November 23, 2007

Ron Paul supporters' Thanksgiving stories

This Thanksgiving, Ron Paul supporters are spreading the word. Here's 2 nice stories from the RP forum. One is how entire extended families are learning about him by word-of-mouth, the other is giving people at shopping lines some hot chocolate in RP-branded cups along with an RP slim-jim - till late at night and probably in the cold.

The first one should be read in its entirety, in the first person:
"A few weeks ago I appeared on the front page of the NY Times in the picture with Dr. Paul (was the guy in the R3volution sweatshirt above the poster he was signing). I told my dad about it (who wouldn't tell their parents?), and he asked me why I supported Dr. Paul. Now since I knew my father was a die-hard Christian, I told him the facts that would make him like Dr. Paul (married for 50 years, 18 grandchildren, pro-life, etc). This got him interested, but he never really talked to me after that day about him.

Today at my family's gathering (not just immediate family - cousins, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and even people I've never met before), I was sitting down with my grandmother talking to her about college. She asked what I've been doing in my spare time, so I asked her if she saw the NY Times front page image a few weeks back. She said no, but asked if I was on it. I told her I was, and that it was a picture with Ron Paul signing a poster. She perked up and said, and I quote, "He's a great man! I'm so glad your father told us about him. He has changed our opinion of politicians...read more"

You can find more pictures of the cups, hot chocolate being made as part of Operation Hot Chocolate drop.

No comments: